Activities Blindness Professionals Can Use with their Students or Clients
- Do a labor market survey with your students. This article on CareerConnect will help you understand how to do one and why it is important: How to Find the Fastest Growing Industries in America.”
- Using this article on Exploring Careers, have your students explore 3 careers they think they would like to be a part of. Have them write down three things they liked about the job and three things they did not like. What was it that concerned them? Discuss how they might overcome those concerns and determine if the risk is worth the reward.
- Listen to interviews with mentors found in the Our Stories section of the CareerConnect website. Discuss afterwards.
- Pick one or more of the teen videos to watch and talk about them. Ask your students to share what they learned and give them an opportunity to ask questions about what they saw.
- Read one or more Success Stories found in the Our Stories section and contact the person the story is about. Ask them about their work, how they do the job and any other work related questions you have.