Hi job seeker,
- What careers will utilize your aptitudes?
- What career are you motivated to pursue?
- What accommodations will you utilize in order to excel in the job?
What skills need to be honed in order to thrive and promote in the field?
Accurately answering these questions requires keen self-awareness skills.
So, what do we know about the benefits of self-awareness?
Joe Strechay, Director of the Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, discusses in the blog post, "Self Awareness: Knowledge of Your Own Strengths and Weaknesses Offers an Employment Edge," how self-awareness is beneficial as we navigate the employment process, including finding a suitable job, building relationships at work, and developing career goals.
To learn more about developing self-awareness and utilizing it to acquire a job and excel in your career field, read the following:
- The Self-Awareness Approach to Beginning a Job Search
- Self-Awareness Is Essential to Career Success as a Person Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
- Your Personality Color and Where You Shine: Information for Work Oriented Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
As is evidenced in the above blog posts and articles, your journey to a solid career as an individual who is blind or visually impaired begins with a journey to self-awareness.
Unclog Your Filter! Constructive Criticism and the Importance of Seeking It As an Individual Who Is Blind or Visually Impaired
Components of Emotional Intelligence (EI): Information to Increase Social Skills for Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
National Photography Month and Captured Memories: The Moment One Chooses a Career