Do you enjoy perusing the APH CareerConnectwebsite looking for personally relevant tools, articles, and resources as a job seeker or employee who is blind or visually impaired?
If not, I’m afraid you may overlook one treasure of a resource that offers links to an assortment of job listings; career information for adults and young people; tools that prepare job-hunters and career-changers; forums for networking and brainstorming; employment advice; employment-related articles; and various resources for job seekers and employees with disabilities.
Here she is, in all her splendor and helpfulness: Useful Links for Job Seekers who are Blind or Visually Impaired.
My favorite 5 websites within the “useful links” are as follows:
- YouthRules!, a site dedicated to educating young people about relevant employment laws and regulations, such as where minors can work, how much they must be paid, and when they can work.
- Indeed, an easy to use job search tool listing recent job openings by job title, keyword, and company name. Search for job openings in your area or in an area you’re willing to relocate.
- NIB CareersWithVision, an employment resource created in collaboration with APH CareerConnect for people who are blind or visually impaired and who are interested in employment with the National Industries for the Blind.
- The US Department of Labor, a site that provides information on policies relevant to workers with disabilities.
- USA Jobs, where you can review and apply for US federal government jobs.
APH CareerConnect is jam-packed with helpful trainings, articles, and even external resources that you can access from the comfort of your living room. Stop on by, virtually speaking, to find more resources…anytime!