You may have read a blog post here or there with information relevant to individuals with visual impairments and multiple disabilities, and you may have missed just as many. If you have multiple disabilities, or if you are a parent or specialist of a person with multiple disabilities, these posts are too valuable to overlook.
Below is a compilation of American Foundation for the Blind’s career-related articles and blogs pertaining to individuals with visual impairments and multiple disabilities.
- Tips for Working with an Employee, Employer, Coworker, or Client who is Blind or Visually Impaired and has Multiple Disabilities
- Job Accommodations for People with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities
- Preliminary Skills for Successful Employment for People with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities
- Employment Options for People with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities
- Job Carving: Creating a Job for a Person who is Blind or Visually Impaired with Multiple Disabilities
- Person-Centered Planning, the Ideal Route to Discover Meaningful Employment for Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired With Multiple Disabilities
Additionally, browse AFB FamilyConnect’s The Future Starts Now section to learn more about employment options and living arrangements for adults who have visual impairments and multiple disabilities.